Friday 4 November 2011

CLOTHS OF HEAVEN


Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Blake

Tess' favorite poem. "For us this poem is a beautiful reminder to be mindful of the decisions that we make, it reminds us to take care to protect each other in our marriage, to be compassionate and gentle on one another. It reminds us that all we have dreamt, hoped and wished for in life is entirely underpinned by the love, care and support that we provide to one another and we must take care to protect this every day. For me, this poem is the ultimate in romance."

No comments:

Post a Comment